.

.

Sunday 15 February 2015

My last few days in London...

On the 15th November 2008 I packed up Mum and Dad’s car with a few of my most treasured possessions, and headed to the big smoke...London town. Moving to London was something that I had always wanted to do just for one year, and so I left everything I knew, in search of everything I didn’t, and now 6 and a half years later I find myself still here, but still here and saying goodbye.

I never expected to stay this long and that was mainly because (at the time) I didn’t really know anyone in the capital, and didn’t really understand what this London malarkey was all about. I was a naive 23 year old that was looking for some sort of adventure, and believed that I’d find it here. I think its safe to say that after many highs and lows but mainly highs, the capital city has certainly delivered that adventure I craved, and I can now 100% call London...my home. 



I have met some of the most fantastically bizarre people here, and I have had some of the best experiences of my life. The London Underground has never failed to amuse me, and the abundance of festivals, events and attractions has kept my calendar booming with excitement and energy all year round. The mahoosive selection of culture, cuisines and of course the diversity of the people, has allowed me to be exactly who I am, and with that I have found acceptance in others and in myself. Memories have been made and life long friendships have been formed, and I hope that one day I will return to this wonderful city. Because lets face it....


Saying goodbye to this place has been difficult to say the least, and I don’t think I had truly appreciated how fortunate I have been here, until now. Seeing the people I have come to call my family in London for the last time at various leaving doo's and other occassions has been incredibly emotional, but I know that through the magnificent invention of the internet and in particular Skype, I will still see and talk to them all regularly. And this my friends, is a promise.

So, as I sit here in London for the last few days, saying cheerio and remembering the good times, I wonder what my next city of Seoul in South Korea will bring. I wonder how long I will stay, and what memories I will make. What people I will meet, and what things I will learn. But one thing is for sure, I will never stray too far away, from that crazy little town of, Londonian.

No comments:

Post a Comment