.

.

Thursday 18 May 2017

A New Chapter Begins...

A year ago I posted my last blog post. At the time I wasnt aware that it would be my last post, but apparently a year has now past and here I am trying to start it all back up again. Time really does fly when you're having fun and that we most certainly are. I say we because I now have someone else in my life, someone wonderful that I actually met about a year ago in the local convenience store, proving that once again Korean convenience stores really are, quite convenient.

don’t feel as if I should apologize for my distance because I have absolutely been loving life, not that I didn’t before but I think I have finally found something to sing about so sorry but, I’m not sorry. It’s funny what a difference a year can make. You never quite know what’s waiting for you around the corner and for me it really has been one heck of a year.

Since my last post I have paid off all of my debts, explored the ancient temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, dressed as an Empress in Taiwan, and celebrated the New Year with a dazzling display of fireworks in Hong Kong. I also visited the UK back in May last year and had a fantastic time relaxing with some truly beautiful people back home. I have met some amazing people and I have enjoyed living it up and experiencing all of the great things that Korea has to offer. However, the time has finally come to leave this Kimchi filled land and move on to bigger and better things. Which brings me to the main reason I have chosen to revitalize this blog.

On July 20th 2017 after a short vacation in Thailand, me and my partner will be embarking on our next big adventure! We have decided to move to the beautiful island of Taiwan and are both insanely excited for this new chapter to begin. Why Taiwan? Well, we first visited back in September 2016 for a short 5 day vacation and completely fell in love with the place. The food is outstanding, the people are ridiculously welcoming and the scenery is, in a word, EPIC!

Taipei, Taiwan

The last few months in Korea have been pretty manic to say the least, but I am now thrilled to announce that I have accepted a position at a lovely school in Taipei, teaching English to the future as you do. So as you can imagine I am itching to get over there and meet the little hooligans. Moving to Korea has absolutely changed my life and I will be very sad to leave it. It has been my home for over 2 years now and a little piece of my heart will always remain here. Taiwan has a lot to live up to but I am confident that it will greet me with open arms, a year round climate and all the stinky tofu I can eat.

So lets start this blog back up again, in a completely new country with countless opportunities just waiting to be uncovered! Heres to another year of gallivanting around the globe and saying yes to life once again in my constant pursuit of pavements, in faraway places…

No comments:

Post a Comment